I am 30 years old as of yesterday. A planned a wonderful, day-long road trip to the Bay Area. We woke at 5:00 and drove to Sausalito where we enjoyed granola, yogurt and honey while sipping our vanilla lattes with a view of sailboats parked along the dock.


Next, we drove to the Golden Gate Bridge and hiked through "Construction 129". We stopped in San Francisco to dine at Dottie's for pancakes (whole wheat buttermilk, ginger and cinnamon). We drove Lombard Street after breakfast. I could never live in hilly SF!!! I would be permanently ill having to drive those streets every day.


After SF, we traveled through Golden Gate Park and stopped at North Beach to watch the surfers. It was funny to see several people smoking pot freely while in SF. Not just the surfers, everyone! There is NO discretion! It may as well be legal.
Anyway, we continued along the coast on CA-1 and stopped in Half Moon Bay for a famous lobster roll sandwich at Sam's Chowder House. (The Today Show was right ... it is awesome!) After lunch we toured the Ritz Carlton and took advantage of a photo opp at a charming local hostel. Next time we'll extend the trip and stay! It's very cheap for a fantastic view (at the hostel, of course).


Our next stop was dinner at the Firehouse in Sunnyvale with Shannon and Mark. (Thanks for meeting us, guys!) And finally to San Jose for coffee with some Bay Area friends. We returned home around midnight. Boy was I exhausted ... my old age must finally be catching up with me. :)
What a day! Thanks for making it memorable, A.
2 comments:
Holy bananas...30? makes me feel older than the 40 I recently hit...
Hi Kym,
I am looking forward to a blog update. Love you!
Post a Comment