Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Pie Crust Perfection
For almost eight years I have been working on my pie crust-making skills. I recall my initial experiences ending with me in the fetal position on the kitchen floor. Today, the finales are much more honorable! Recently, I spent the afternoon at my grandma's house to absorb some of her crust-making tips. Here was the outcome of my first attempt following Grandma's expert tutelage:And the finished product using that beautiful pastry bed:Today I'm trying a new crust recipe that calls for vodka in addition to water. It's mixed, resting and I will attempt to roll it soon. Meanwhile, I'm sending many prayers heavenward -- please Lord, no fetal position for me today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey, wait a just a stinkin' minute! Your grandmother is MY mother and I never got any pie crust lessons! How the heck do you rate?????
Beautiful job, my precious SweetPea! ;)
Post a Comment