Monday, October 11, 2010

2010 ... what the ???

This year is quickly coming to a close. The evidence is on shelves at Cost Plus where Christmas decorations started emerging in September. Hmm. I'm I guess I'm okay with skipping Halloween altogether. I know A would be because he never wants to partake in any of my couples' costume ideas. He's crazy to think it wouldn't be TOTALLY AWESOME to dress as bread and butter. Come on!

Anyway, I'm kind of glad the Christmas decor is out early and that capitalism is driving this year to completion. It's just been too much! Two car purchases, two surgeries, one lay-off, one new roof, multiple appliances on the fritz ... I'm trying to think of anything and everything that COULD happen next in effort to prevent it from happening. (Stuff happens when you don't expect it; therefore if I expect it, it won't happen. Right?)

Bring it, 2011! Let's go. I can't say we're ready, but we haven't been leveled yet and the Lord is still on our side.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

How cute - Staci made 7up and the Spot costumes one year for her and a friend. I wore it the next year and got egged for the first time. That brought all festivities to a close in my book for that holiday.

Brenda said...

You go girl!!! Hang on tight, it's a wild ride. God will be there the whole way. He will see you through!!