Welcome to The Asylum! Check back frequently to read up on our mental progress.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Adventures in Gardening
We had our first harvest this morning! Pleased with the results and can't wait to experiment with more naturally-grown goodness ... especially if we pass Prop 19. Just kidding ... kinda.
I picked my cantaloupe a few weeks ago, they were so tiny and there was hardly any fruit inside - it was all seeds and rind. However, before we left for WA, I picked and cut my watermelon. My prized possesion of the summer. It too was small, but the flesh of the fruit was okay. The seeds had started to sprout so I waited too long to pick it, however, with the weather being so strange in SJ it makes sense that the fruit did not develop correctly.
I am a registered nurse with a pie crust-making obsession. I am married to a wonderfully sweet and patient husband who works in exporting. We live in Northern California with our boy, Brutus ... a very lovable boxer.
2 comments:
I picked my cantaloupe a few weeks ago, they were so tiny and there was hardly any fruit inside - it was all seeds and rind. However, before we left for WA, I picked and cut my watermelon. My prized possesion of the summer. It too was small, but the flesh of the fruit was okay. The seeds had started to sprout so I waited too long to pick it, however, with the weather being so strange in SJ it makes sense that the fruit did not develop correctly.
"Just kidding...kinda" EXCUSE ME?!?!?! Behave yourself, young lady!!
Post a Comment